Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rollies...With a Facelift

For those of you who grew up in Covington, the name Rollies probably brings back very fond memories. I know they do for me. Rollies used to be THE place to go for roller skating and hanging out. I was too young to go to Rollies on Friday nights. That is when all the older kids went. I think there might have been some kissin' going on :) he!he! Anyway, us young folks would go on Saturday mornings. We had the best times and I have so many happy memories. I could go on forever, but if you were there, you remember...

I had been wanting to take the girls bowling for some time now. My initial plan involved driving to Cordova and bowling with the cool bumpers and black lights. However, with gas prices as high as they are and after a long day of soccer, we made the decision to check out the "new" Rollies for bowling. They, too, have bumpers; just not as glamorous as Cordova. All and all it was a fine experience. I would go back there again--especially with gas prices like they are.
Ella prepares for a "bowl"



Impatiently waiting on the ball to magically appear





Lu jumped up and down the whole time the ball slowly made its way down the lane




Computer skills at work




Mommy helps Lucy get the hang of things.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Although bowling is fun, I would give anything if Rollies would turn back into a skating center! I miss those days. Even though we are now in our 30s, I am dying to have a skating outing one weekend. I went 2 years ago (Cordova) for a birthday party, and a handful of us decided to give it a whirl. I had a blast! I DID fall, but retained my old skating skills after a few rounds. It was like riding a bike. Lets just say that I was hurting the next day!! Anyway, it looks like the girls enjoyed there day of bowling!

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

so funny, aaron and i were just saying this morning that we wanted to take the girls there to bowl! we'll definately give it a whirl now:)