Monday, September 29, 2008

New Favorite Saying

“The grass may be greener on the other side, but you don’t know how much manure they used to get it that way.”

Everyone I know has something different they pray for. I pray for contentment. It is something I have struggled with for years. I assume I always will. I have made giant strides over the past year, but I have a long way to go. I am going to start a Bible Study (actually I was planning on starting it this morning but Satan had his grasp on me as I hit the snooze button twice!) that is entitled "Get A Life"- Debunking 6 Myths in the Quest for Contentment.

My prayer is that God will continually work through me as I try to focus my life on Him and set an example that my girls will learn to follow. Not by word, but through deed.

Next study......"The Frazzled Female."

Somehow, I think they both apply to me perfectly!

1 comment:

Susan Sampson said...

Kate-A few of us girls at my church just started a Bible Study on contentment. I'll try to post info on my blog. The book is called "Calm my Anxious Fears" a study on contentment. The book's on my blog and it's great! Come join us every Wednesday night at 6pm!