Monday, January 26, 2009

Sick Day

This morning my mom and I were going to make a super secret, spur-of-the-moment, much-needed trip to Starbucks. We both had much better things to be doing, but darn-it! I just miss an occasional grande, non-fat, extra-hot, sugar-free, caramel latte. Is that so wrong?!?!

Well, I guess it is. We got all the way to Brighton High School and my cell phone rings. It's Ella's teacher calling to tell me that Ella has a fever and needs to be picked up. I don't know what was more disappointing. The fact that Ella was sick or the thought of not drinking that nice, comforting latte. Obviously, the answer is not getting the latte my precious angel being sick. I mean really, what kind of mother do you think I am?

So, I reluctantly willingly turned around and went to pick up my baby. She was about 4 shades of greens when I got her, but didn't seem to feel too bad. After we got home I took a look at the back of her throat and there they were. Those tale-tale white spots on the back of her throat. I knew instantly (we've had a few cases of strep around this house) what it was. I didn't need to have a Dr. tell me, but I did need at Dr. to write me a prescription. Erik too her to the Dr. and off course her strep test came back positive.
How is she doing you might ask? Well, take a look. Doesn't she look like a child who is miserable?




I missed a Starbucks for this? Oh, well. I really am just happy she feels good. There is nothing more miserable than having a sick baby. Tomorrow may be a different story. For now we are just enjoying this rare "sickness."


post signature

2 comments:

Laura Dawson said...

Looks like the girls would have been fine at home alone had you went ahead and got that latte!

Christi said...

Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret of mine that helps fill my Starbucks void. It has to be done this way to be perfect. Community coffee (1 heaping tsp per cup) and liquid (not powder) Coffeemate Hazelnut Biscotti creamer. Mmmmmm.