Saturday, July 12, 2008

All Alone....at least for a moment

My parents came yesterday afternoon and picked up the girls. They went to a movie and then let them spend the night at their house. That in itself is enough to send the girls into an uncontrollable frenzy. They just LOVE being over there. Add the movie to that and you have chaos! So, Erik and I had a date night. We did not go any where or do anything magical...just stayed at home and talked. We had a wonderful night. Sometimes you forget that there really is joy in just being with your spouse.

So this morning he is out playing tennis and I am at home by myself. I got up around 7 (i know...i should have been sleeping) and made Paula Deen's Gorilla Bread. This stuff kicks Monkey Bread's butt. Since I am not making money from this, I thought I would give you the recipe. It is well worth the effort and time! Forgive me for giving you my condensed directions. I don't have THAT much time.
Gorilla Bread
1/2 c sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 c. packed br sugar
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
2 10ct. cans biscuit
1.5 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Mix cinn and sugar in bowl. Melt buttter and br sugar in pan on low on stove top. Spray bundt pan with lots of cooking spray. Preheat over to 350. Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces. Flatten each biscuit and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cinn/sugar. Put cream cheese in it and roll into ball. Place 10 biscuits in pan. Sprinkle with cinn and sugar, 1/2 of walnuts and 1/2 of butter mixture. Do this again for next 10 biscuits. Bake for 30 min. Remove, cool for 5 min and then place plate on top and invert.
Dude...this stuff ROCKS!

No comments: