Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emotions

As I sit down to create a post for my blog, my attention seems to be somewhere else.

I was prepared to write about what a wonderful time we had with our friends at a recent Tiger bball outing and our trip to Colorado with our friends, the Williams. But I can't seem to erase the images I have of Jennifer at the hospital bedside of her baby. The baby she was told would surely die at birth, who was miraculously healed by our Father, and then in the blink of an eye is near death again. Jennifer's blog and Angie's blog are just two of the ones I follow on a daily basis. They are both incredibly gifted writers with an unmatched yearning to know Christ, to live for Christ and to share His gospel.

They have both faced trials in their lives that would challenge each of our relationships with God. For some, I would suppose that those trials may even destroy a relationship with God. Not that God would leave us, because he would NOT, but that we would leave Him. I can only imagine the anger, the heartache, the fear...



I pray that I would be an Angie or a Jennifer. But would I? I guess only the Heavenly Father really knows that.



I do know that God has used both of these remarkable ladies to further his kingdom and that they will one day be rewarded for praising Him during these storms in their lives. For turning times of despair and utter sorrow into times of deep searching into what God calls us to do and how He wants us to live our lives.


As I read the countless journals of families who are suffering great losses, I am constantly reminded that I am not to fear the unknown. I am not to lose sight of what is really important. God has put me and my family here on this earth at this particular time for His purpose. Whatever that is, I pray that I will seek His will each and every day. Through other people's trials, I am constantly reminded that I am blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband, 2 healthy kids, 2 great sets of family and a TON of great friends.



So with that said, I am posting some pictures of some of those great friends (actually, just 2 sets of our many wonderful friends). I am blessed to be friends with one of the funniest people I know. My friend Amanda. This picture does her justice :)



This is an afro "wig" you wear over your ski helmet.

Erik, me, Amanda and Nelson after our snow mobile ride
Yes, this thermometer says -8 degrees! What were we thinking?!?!


A great spot of picture-taking

Erik and I at the top of our snow mobile ride. I promise it is us, although this could be any two random people as bundled up as we are.


The Krulls, the Williams and the Eaves eating dinner at Sol before a recent Tiger Game. The Eaves aren't so much Tiger fans as they are fans of hanging out at cool restaurants.


At the game
Have you given thanks for the many blessings in your life today? What about thanks for the trials? God calls us to remember Him during the good times and the bad times. It's so easy to shout out a thanks when things are moving along as we like them to. But what do you do when the chips are down? I know what I do...and I am working on it.


post signature























2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm feeling ya, sister! My heart aches for Jennifer right now. It's just been weighed down today with prayers for that sweet and precious family.

Elizabeth said...

Great post! I think when you have a window into someone else’s life and see their pain/trials is when you truly realize how blessed you are. It is amazing that with all the pain the one thing that does not faultier is their faith. I believe that God is with us always and has a way of connecting people with his word, even if it is over the internet.