Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who is This Child?

How is it possible that you can wake up one morning, travel to the hosptial, and in 4 hours become a mom? The 9 months that got you to that point are all but a spot in the memory.

Then, after the first couple of months, labor and delivery and the whole pregnancy seem so far away. Where has the time gone? Can you beleive that your new baby is already doing this or that or how much she has changed? You start to imagine your life without that child. How did you ever know what love really was? What did you and your husband do with all your time? Why in the world did you ever take those nights of sleep for granted?



And every day she does something new..something different. And everyday you love her more. Especially when she smiles that sweet, heart-melting smile.

Then, all of a sudden she is 5. As I sit her and look at these pictures my eyes are filled with tears as I think about my baby who is no longer a baby. But rather a young child who will all too soon be an older child who will eventually become a young lady. Somedays I think that I would like to stop time and let her stay so young and innocent. But I know that is not God's plan. She has so much to look forward to. So many adventures, so many thoughts, so many dreams. This child is going to do some wonderful things in her life. God has big plans for her! I just know it. How could he not? She's the most wonderful 5 year old I know.

(by the way, we are letting the bangs grow out...not paying tribute to Farrah Fawcett)







post signature

3 comments:

3 "A's" and a "B" said...

I know what you mean. Time flies by...you know how precious each day is and you tell yourself " oh....i'll remember that or I'll remember how it feels to hold her." It's like you are grasping to hold onto each day, but you can't grasp it firmly enough and each day flies away.

Christi said...

First let me just say that Farrah Fawcett's hair still rocks in my book! :) Secondly, I think it's so funny to look back on baby pics and see that their faces don't seem to change that much. I could recognize that cute face anywhere!

Holly said...

What an awesome post! :)