Monday, November 24, 2008

Now That's What I Call Love...

As I have mentioned before, Erik HATES the fact that I start getting ready for Christmas at the beginning of November. I blame retail. It's just contagious when the stores start decorating in October for Christmas. I just can't help myself.


Well, about a week ago, he agreed to get all my Christmas boxes down from the attic so that I could get a jump start on decorating. I was a little shocked, but I just went along with it. Who was I to question his insanity (or at least momentary lack of judgement)? We worked diligently all afternoon and got the girls' trees done and assembled our family tree.


The best part of the whole day was watching Lucy unwrap all the ornaments for her and Ella's tree. Everytime she opened a new one she would gasp--as in sheer astonishment that another ornament was actually being unveiled. It was so cute. It gave me a glimpse of what Christmas morning would be like. I can't wait! I am just glad that as we prepare of Thanksgiving travel I will be able to come home to a nicely decorated home.

Daddy working on Lucy's tree. No, really. He's happy to be doing it.


Lucy's Santa tree.





Ella's "fun and funky" themed tree.















1 comment:

Amy said...

The girl's trees are so pretty! :)